Thursday 26 September 2013

Assignment 3: Queen's Stamp Portrait Reproductions


This photo didn't work out as well as I'd hoped it could have, as the lighting, although exactly the same as the others, looks different due to his skin tone being far paler and pinker than the other models I selected so his skin reflects more lighting and almost blends with the background. I could have avoided this issue by finding another model with a less bleached skintone in this lighting, but it  was an issue that has only recently been noticed and recreating this lighting exactly the same (as is the point of these pictures) would be time consuming and less effective.



















These photos, I feel, are an accomplishment and I am very proud of them. They are reproductions of this photo, taken by John Hedgecoe of Queen Elizabeth to be used on stamps and is one of the most reproduced photographs ever, 200 billion copies to be exact. To replicate this image, I used a white light perpendicular to the model's face and moved it back a good two metres to ensure there was no glare and to soften the shadows on the face. I kept the lighting, posture and position identical in each photo because I wanted the photos to be very similar but with clearly different elements e.g. race, gender, culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment